Size: 175 x 108 x 58mm
For the seriously energy minded, Wattson can also store up to 4 weeks of energy-use history which can be downloaded to your computer and viewed using Wattson software.
Comes with one sensor clip, if you have 3 Phase power, you can get extra clips here
Wattson shows you how much electricity you're using and will help you to work out your carbon footprint, and where you can save electricity and money.
Labelled as the designer Energy Monitor it has won several prestigious awards including being voted number 2 in the Guardian's top 10 Green Gadgets and voted in the top 10 Cool Gadgets 2007 by Stuff Magazine.
How Wattson works: Information from a transmitter attached to your electricity meter or fuse box is beamed directly to your Wattson which instantly displays your current usage.
In fact, for such an ingenious device, Wattson is really easy to install and even easier to use and the instructions are completely free of techno-babble.
Wattson can show your energy use in Euros, Dollars, Yen as well as Pounds, making it truly international.
It can measure single and also 3 phase systems, making it suitable for large houses and small businesses.
(Click here to compare energy monitors
What's in the box:
- 1 x Wattson display unit
- 1 x transmitter
- 1 x sensor clip
- 1 x usb lead
- 1 x power plug
- 1 x instruction guide
- 4 x transmitter batteries
- Portable wireless unit allows instant reading of electricity use anywhere in the home within approx 30m of transmitter.
- The maximum reading for Wattson is 12.5kW for a single phase, and 37.5kW for a three phase set-up (two extra clips).
- Shows how much each electrical appliance uses when you switch it on or off.
- Prominent LED digital display shows electricity usage in £s or Watts, easily readable in all light conditions.
- Coloured mood light, which breathes and pulses, changing colour when you alter how much electricity you use: cool blue for small amount of electricity being used, warning red for high energy consumption.
- Change the tariff in line with your bills, currency shown in £, $ or €!
- Handily designed with recycling in mind for when you have finished with it.
- UK mains 9V dc power charger/converter supplied.
- 5W average power consumption, reduced to under 1W in low power mode.
- Electricity use information stored within Wattson’s internal memory, providing a detailed history of energy use.
- Data viewed graphically using Holmes - Wattson’s own personal data sleuth program.
- Access the DIYKYOTO online community to view your energy use remotely
- Software both PC and MAC compatible.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly views of energy use.
- Able to measure microgenerated electricity supplies such as Solar Cells or Wind Turbines, providing a greater understanding of net energy use.
The Wattson is not certified for sale outside of the EU, and will not work on 110V / 60Hz power supply.
Weight: complete package: 1kg, the display unit: 400gms.Not what you're after?
View all the eco products in our energy saving devices
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.