Size: 175 x 108 x 58mm
For the seriously energy minded, Wattson can also store up to 4 weeks of energy-use history which can be downloaded to your computer and viewed using Wattson software.
Comes with one sensor clip, if you have 3 Phase power, you can get extra clips here
Wattson shows you how much electricity you're using and will help you to work out your carbon footprint, and where you can save electricity and money.
Labelled as the designer Energy Monitor it has won several prestigious awards including being voted number 2 in the Guardian's top 10 Green Gadgets and voted in the top 10 Cool Gadgets 2007 by Stuff Magazine.
How Wattson works: Information from a transmitter attached to your electricity meter or fuse box is beamed directly to your Wattson which instantly displays your current usage.
In fact, for such an ingenious device, Wattson is really easy to install and even easier to use and the instructions are completely free of techno-babble.
Wattson can show your energy use in Euros, Dollars, Yen as well as Pounds, making it truly international.
It can measure single and also 3 phase systems, making it suitable for large houses and small businesses.
(Click here to compare energy monitors
What's in the box:
- 1 x Wattson display unit
- 1 x transmitter
- 1 x sensor clip
- 1 x usb lead
- 1 x power plug
- 1 x instruction guide
- 4 x transmitter batteries
- Portable wireless unit allows instant reading of electricity use anywhere in the home within approx 30m of transmitter.
- The maximum reading for Wattson is 12.5kW for a single phase, and 37.5kW for a three phase set-up (two extra clips).
- Shows how much each electrical appliance uses when you switch it on or off.
- Prominent LED digital display shows electricity usage in £s or Watts, easily readable in all light conditions.
- Coloured mood light, which breathes and pulses, changing colour when you alter how much electricity you use: cool blue for small amount of electricity being used, warning red for high energy consumption.
- Change the tariff in line with your bills, currency shown in £, $ or €!
- Handily designed with recycling in mind for when you have finished with it.
- UK mains 9V dc power charger/converter supplied.
- 5W average power consumption, reduced to under 1W in low power mode.
- Electricity use information stored within Wattson’s internal memory, providing a detailed history of energy use.
- Data viewed graphically using Holmes - Wattson’s own personal data sleuth program.
- Access the DIYKYOTO online community to view your energy use remotely
- Software both PC and MAC compatible.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly views of energy use.
- Able to measure microgenerated electricity supplies such as Solar Cells or Wind Turbines, providing a greater understanding of net energy use.
The Wattson is not certified for sale outside of the EU, and will not work on 110V / 60Hz power supply.
Weight: complete package: 1kg, the display unit: 400gms.Not what you're after?
View all the eco products in our energy saving devices
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.
Interesting and fun A great way to learn about power. Reliable, good looking, and despite having batteries will save you money. -
Superb I have had my Wattson for 18 months and we love it. I measures both usage and the power we generate ourselves - if we have a big minus number we know we are giving away power to the grid. It stores the usage and you can upload this to the web should you want. It's also superb looking. get one! phill - Kent UK
Brilliant device. I have had one now for a while and am mostly pleased with it. It does make you more aware of the power you are using and reminds you to turn things off with it's grumpy pulsing red light. I found it's best when used with Powometer software from http://www.powometer.co.uk. it's beta but works well. Jeroen - Drysdale
Wattson electricity meter Great fun. Not the cheapest electricity, but so easy to use, and really inspiring. I've recommended it to lots of people as a fun way to reduce your electricity consumption. Nigel supplied it quickly and efficiently too. I couldn't have been more pleased. Trillion -
Wattson seeks out phantom loads Wattson seeks out low energy loads that other energy saver meters cant find. Wattson was able to find all the small phantom loads that collectively add up to a substantial load, but individually cannot be seen by less discriminating energy saver meters. Will recoup the extra cost of Watson and more! Gavin Drain -
Watsoj Energy Meter This does what it says on the tin and has given us hours of fun(!) It really is interesting to know just which gadgets use the most electricity. Fairly easy to get started and to set up with the PC Gary Cliffe -
We now offer 3 Delivery options: Click and Collect Hove, Standard and Express.
You'll only ever pay one delivery charge.
Click and Collect Hove costs from just £1.99 per order, Standard UK delivery costs from just £3.95 per order
Express UK delivery costs from just £6.95 per order
Standard UK delivery is FREE for orders over £50.
As the actual delivery cost depends on the size of your order, it'll be shown in the checkout when you add to basket.
Click and Collect in Hove
If you live in Brighton & Hove, we're trialling a new Click and Collect Hove service in association with Black Radish on Portland Road. To use this service, choose Click and Collect Hove from the drop down, and collect from Black Radish, 149 Portland Road when it's convenient, instead of having it delivered to your home or work. We'll let you know when it's ready to pick up.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 3-5 working days. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 2 working days or quicker. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
If you need same day despatch, please phone us before 11am Monday to Friday.
How We Send Things
We send all orders by Royal Mail, or by courier if it's heavy. Royal Mail deliver Monday to Saturday, couriers deliver Monday to Friday.
Deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5.30pm. A specific time slot cannot be specified with any of our delivery options.
Please be aware that during our sales or promotions, or when there are circumstances beyond our control such as when there's snow on the roads, delivery may take longer.
European Delivery is available to selected countries.
For a full list of all countries that we ship to, and for full details regarding delivery; including delivery time and costs please click here.