Dimensions: 330 x 117.5 x 35mm (13" x 4.63" x 1.37")Features
- Draught proof
- Available colours: white, brown
- Rubberised flap, so is quieter
- No springs, brushes, or seals are necessary
- No components to break. So if your outside letter plate/ flap becomes faulty, the Ecoflap will still protect you from draughts
- Horizontal letter box only at present
- A British invention
- No need for gravity flaps
- Light weight single handed operation
- Automatically adjusts to varying size of delivery
- Safe - will not bite fingers (or damage mail)
- Full depth insert of Aluminium plate at the back of the flap to ensure rigidity in very extreme cold weather conditions
- Supplied without screws as everyone has different requirements!
- Accommodates post up to 260 x 42mm (10.25" x 1.75") w x h
- Will cover a hole up to 310 x 70mm (12" x 2.75") w x h
- Will accommodate front letter box bolts coming through, up to 287.5mm (11.32") apart
- There is a 20mm (0.78") wide flange around the Ecoflap to cover any uneven/or untidy hole cuts, once the existing draught barrier is removed. This will also house the Ecoflap fixing screws (not supplied). (Recommended 3.5mm x 12/15mm countersink)
- Outer Dimensions: 330 x 117.5 x 35mm (13" x 4.63" x 1.37") w x h x d
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhy won't the letter box inside flap blow open?
- Ecoflaps are made from 757 ABS thermo plastic - it's sturdy robust and acts as a barrier to cold conductivity from outside.
- The aluminum bar inside is not a closure bar but helps maintain rigidity during differential inside and outside temperatures.
- All materials are recyclable eg ABS can be chopped up (granulated) and put in with fresh material and remoulded.
The product is finely balanced - the plate is biased so that the opening force is counteracted by a greater closing force.Why is it draught proof?
The plate won't rattle, either by wind force or passing traffic rumbling by, thus no cold air or rain will filter in, and no heat will escape. Ecoflap is also rain and snow proof!Why is it classed as eco friendly?
Ecoflaps contribute towards saving energy costs. The letter box can be a "silent culprit" for losing heat. It has been estimated that up to 27% of heat can be lost through one.The outside plate on my letter box is metal. Will it be compatible with a plastic one inside?
Yes, a metal plate can contribute to cold air coming through to the inside plate and consequently inside your house. If the inside plate is ABS - a form of plastic - it will act as a barrier with lower thermal conducting properties.My doors bang when there is a "through"draught - will it stop this?
It will certainly help the situation. There is no passage of air through the plate, in either direction.Can I use an adhesive to install my Ecoflap?
Sticking the Ecoflap to your door instead of bolting it, using an adhesive such as a kitchen/ bathroom sealant, is also okay, for example on metal doors, or if preferred.Why is it safer?
There are no springs, magnets or catches to bite fingers - or damage mail.Do you have to take the inner flap off to install the Eco Flap?
Yes - remove everything from the inside of the letterbox. Ecoflap replaces brushes or any other hinged flap that is already on the door. Why is Ecoflap so simple to use?
The Ecoflap is lightweight and conveniently operated with one hand. It adjusts to the size of delivery and there are no components to break. The product is easily fitted having a small lip along the lower edge that rests onto your existing lower ledge of your aperture. This lines up perfectly with the outside plate. Screw caps cover each of the screw holes of the flange. Alternatively, it may be fitted with adhesive on metal or upvc doors if preferred.Not what you're after?
View all the eco products in our energy efficiency and energy saving devices
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.