Dimensions: 330 x 117.5 x 35mm (13" x 4.63" x 1.37")
Totally draught-proof, and adjusts automatically to any size of delivery.Features
- Draught proof
- Available colours: white, brown
- Rubberised flap, so is quieter
- No springs, brushes, or seals are necessary
- No components to break. So if your outside letter plate/ flap becomes faulty, the Ecoflap will still protect you from draughts
- Horizontal letter box only at present
- A British invention
- No need for gravity flaps
- Light weight single handed operation
- Automatically adjusts to varying size of delivery
- Safe - will not bite fingers (or damage mail)
- Full depth insert of Aluminium plate at the back of the flap to ensure rigidity in very extreme cold weather conditions
- Supplied without screws as everyone has different requirements!
Here's a video showing how to fit an Ecoflap:Specifications
- Accommodates post up to 260 x 42mm (10.25" x 1.75") w x h
- Will cover a hole up to 310 x 70mm (12" x 2.75") w x h
- Will accommodate front letter box bolts coming through, up to 287.5mm (11.32") apart
- There is a 20mm (0.78") wide flange around the Ecoflap to cover any uneven/or untidy hole cuts, once the existing draught barrier is removed. This will also house the Ecoflap fixing screws (not supplied). (Recommended 3.5mm x 12/15mm countersink)
- Outer Dimensions: 330 x 117.5 x 35mm (13" x 4.63" x 1.37") w x h x d
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhy won't the letter box inside flap blow open?
- Ecoflaps are made from 757 ABS thermo plastic - it's sturdy robust and acts as a barrier to cold conductivity from outside.
- The aluminum bar inside is not a closure bar but helps maintain rigidity during differential inside and outside temperatures.
- All materials are recyclable eg ABS can be chopped up (granulated) and put in with fresh material and remoulded.
The product is finely balanced - the plate is biased so that the opening force is counteracted by a greater closing force.Why is it draught proof?
The plate won't rattle, either by wind force or passing traffic rumbling by, thus no cold air or rain will filter in, and no heat will escape. Ecoflap is also rain and snow proof!Why is it classed as eco friendly?
Ecoflaps contribute towards saving energy costs. The letter box can be a "silent culprit" for losing heat. It has been estimated that up to 27% of heat can be lost through one.The outside plate on my letter box is metal. Will it be compatible with a plastic one inside?
Yes, a metal plate can contribute to cold air coming through to the inside plate and consequently inside your house. If the inside plate is ABS - a form of plastic - it will act as a barrier with lower thermal conducting properties.My doors bang when there is a "through"draught - will it stop this?
It will certainly help the situation. There is no passage of air through the plate, in either direction.Can I use an adhesive to install my Ecoflap?
Sticking the Ecoflap to your door instead of bolting it, using an adhesive such as a kitchen/ bathroom sealant, is also okay, for example on metal doors, or if preferred.Why is it safer?
There are no springs, magnets or catches to bite fingers - or damage mail.Do you have to take the inner flap off to install the Eco Flap?
Yes - remove everything from the inside of the letterbox. Ecoflap replaces brushes or any other hinged flap that is already on the door. Why is Ecoflap so simple to use?
The Ecoflap is lightweight and conveniently operated with one hand. It adjusts to the size of delivery and there are no components to break. The product is easily fitted having a small lip along the lower edge that rests onto your existing lower ledge of your aperture. This lines up perfectly with the outside plate. Screw caps cover each of the screw holes of the flange. Alternatively, it may be fitted with adhesive on metal or upvc doors if preferred.Not what you're after?
View all the eco products in our energy efficiency and energy saving devices
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.
A Must draught excluder Clever deseign,v easy to fit,does just what it says Lanham - Dorset
Works Nicely Really easy to fit. I'm still receiving post and there's no draft, so I guess it works :-) -
EXCELLENT! Brilliant design! - very easy to fit - completely draughtproof - smooth and unimpeded access for our postman - in use for a couple of months and very pleased with it. Linda - Ceredigion
It really works! My letterbox used to rattle so much, it would wake me up. Now it doesn't. Brilliant design, works perfectly. Nick Andrews - Brighton
The Ecoflap Does the job,so far so good, not long since we've installed it. Will update if required. We got a white one and it looks nice and keeps the wind out and let's the letters in. Louise - Dorset
Does exactly what it says on the tin ! Just what we needed. It does the job of draft-proofing brilliantly and doesn't claim too many fingers of those delivering. -
Great product - solved problem instantly! What a difference the Ecoflap has made. We now have warm hands and feet after suffering with a draughty letterbox in our office for years. Thanks Nigel! -
We offer 3 Delivery options in the UK:
Click and Collect Hove - from £1.99 per order
Standard UK delivery - from £3.95 per order
Express UK delivery - from £6.95 per order.
You'll only ever pay one delivery charge.
Standard UK delivery is FREE for orders over £50.
As the actual delivery cost depends on the size of your order, it'll be shown in the checkout when you add to basket.
Click and Collect in Hove
If you live in Brighton & Hove, we offer Click and Collect Hove service in association with Black Radish on Portland Road. To use this service, choose Click and Collect Hove from the drop down, and collect from Black Radish, 149 Portland Road when it's convenient, instead of having it delivered to your home or work. We'll let you know when it's ready to pick up.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 3-5 working days. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 2 working days or quicker. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
If you need same day despatch, please phone us before 11am Monday to Friday.
How We Send Things
We send all orders by Royal Mail, or by courier if it's heavy. Royal Mail deliver Monday to Saturday, couriers deliver Monday to Friday.
Deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5.30pm. A specific time slot cannot be specified with any of our delivery options.
Please be aware that during our sales or promotions, or when there are circumstances beyond our control such as when there's snow on the roads, delivery may take longer.
European Delivery is available to selected countries.
For a full list of all countries that we ship to, and for full details regarding delivery; including delivery time and costs please click here.