During normal running of the central heating, air can build up in the system, reducing radiator heat and efficiency. This is fixed by bleeding the radiators, but by fitting the Auto Vent, radiators are bled automatically, without you needing to do anything. The result is a hot to the top radiator from the same energy, and lower heating bills.
Fitting is simple and requires only an adjustable spanner. Usually only one Auto Vent is required. Available in two models, standard and micro - that fit all known radiators.
Only one Auto Vent is required, as usually one radiator is prone to the air problem more than the others in the system.
- Easy fit: no adjustments necessary no need to drain the system
- Long, leak-free life
- Replaceable cartridge
- Saves energy and reduces fuel bills by keeping radiators air-free and hot to the top
- Dispenses with the need for radiator bleed keys
- Reduces corrosion and system noise
The HV30C operates vertically and horizontally on 1/2" tappings.
(This is the one to choose for standard home radiators and modern towel rails**).
The Micro operates on 5/6/7 mm 1/8" and 1/4" tappings.
(For specialist design radiators, such as cast iron radiators, some towel rails, Quinn (Barlo) radiators, and Center radiators)
** How do I find out the size of my radiator tapping?
For a 1/2" British standard thread, the threaded hole in the tapping at the top of the radiator is approximately 20mm diameter - you should be able to fit your index finger in the tapping. The plug screwed in to the tapping will either be a chrome hexagonal valve, or a 'plug' with a square cavity in it. Fitting instructions
Installing the auto vent is a simple DIY job that doesnt require system draining:
Not what you're after?
- Turn central heating off and allow to cool
- Turn the chosen radiator off, by closing the valves at the bottom at both ends (one end is a Lockshield valve with a spindle - turn with your adjustable spanner, at the other end, turn the Wheelhead or Thermostatic valve to 0 by hand)
- Remove the old vent pin using your radiator key
- Fit the new auto vent
- Turn radiator back on!
View all the eco products in our energy efficiency and energy saving devices
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.