Box size: 220 x 173 x 320 mm
The eco kettle has been one of our bestselling eco products, and an essential for any eco friendly kitchen or workplace.
This one is a 2.2kW kettle, which beats the old one's 3kW, and it looks better too. Typical energy savings: 31%. Now available in chrome or white.
It is BPA free.
You are able to boil from 200ml (one cup) up to 1500ml max capacity in one go.
New Version Improvements
- Every time you use a kettle, the chances are that you'll boil more water than you need - wasting time, energy and carbon emissions.
- The Eco Kettle has been designed to overcome this - it has two chambers: the first, the reservoir, holds 1.5 litres of water. Pressing the top button releases any quantity from a single cupful (200ml) to the full capacity into the second, separate boiling compartment. Which means it's a lot easier to boil exactly how much water you need, every time you want a cuppa. The water you don't use remains ready for next time.
- Using the Eco Kettle has major advantages... the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs say: "If everyone boiled only the water they needed instead of 'filling' the kettle every time, we could save enough electricity to run practically all the street lighting in the U.K."
- "Overfilling the kettle costs British households £68 million on energy bills a year" Energy Saving Trust
- The lower rating of the new ECO Kettle means a longer lasting, more reliable heating element, and is much quieter - without any noticeable difference in performance.
- The new control knob is easier to use
- A new spout makes pouring better
- More efficient manufacturing and use of materials
- 2.2kW stainless steel concealed element
- High quality steam control and boil-dry protection
- 360 Degree base with cord storage
- Locking lid
- Internal illumination
- Washable limescale filter
- 220/240 Volts AC
- 1.5 litre capacity
- BPA free
- Conforms to EN60335
- 12 months warranty
- Minimum boil volume is nominally 200ml - about one tea cup
Please note: the Eco Kettle has been designed for UK electricity supply only, and is therefore not suitable for use in Europe.Not what you're after?
View all the eco products in our energy efficient appliances
section, or click on any of the links on the left hand side to see more.
My 3rd Eco Kettle :o) over 6 yrs I'd never again have a kettle other than an eco kettle, they r fantastic! Im mostly on my own during the day an it boils a cup in less time than it takes 2 put coffee etc in the cup! To save even more money an energy - fill the EcoKettle up b4 u go to bed at night-by morning its room temperature :) Lisa - Essex
Love it! Using this kettle is a really satisfying experience. I like thinking about what mug I am going to use before boiling the kettle and pushing the top to decide how much water to use. The blue light when you switch it on is pretty cool too. I am using a lot less water in my hot water bottles too! -
Very good Really pleased with my eco kettle. It boils fast and is easy to use although it took me a few mintues with the instructions to work out exactly how to get water from the reservoir into the kettle - turns out you have to push the plunger more firmly than you think. Daisy - London
A bit disappointed I love the fact that the minimum fill is so low compared to other kettles but I agree with Jeremy that it takes ages to turn off once it is boiling. This surely reduces its Eco claims? Andrea - Kettering
Great for economy but heavy 2nd Eco kettle we have purchased - and would buy again but it is heavy and confusing for guests to use. I agree with last reviewer - doesn't seem to turn off early enough and its confusing for guests. Last note to designer - silver knob would be better if it was oval so that you can see when turned. Neil - Hereford
Best kettle yet Well designed kitchen essential Katie - NorthEast
Generally very good Generally excellent; boils very fast. But the automatic switch-off on boiling is a bit slow, so that it continues to boil for about up to 10 seconds longer than it needs to before cutting off. Seems an unnecessary waste of energy Jeremy - London
We offer 2 Delivery options: Standard and Express.
You'll only ever pay one delivery charge.
Standard UK delivery costs from just £3.95 per order
Express UK delivery costs from just £6.95 per order
Standard UK delivery is FREE for orders over £50.
As the actual delivery cost depends on the size of your order, it'll be shown in the checkout when you add to basket.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 3-5 working days. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
We aim to deliver all UK mainland, Channel Islands & Northern Ireland packages within 2 working days or quicker. Please refer to our delivery page for further details including costs.
If you need same day despatch, please phone us before 11am Monday to Friday.
How We Send Things
We send all orders by Royal Mail, or by courier if it's heavy. Royal Mail deliver Monday to Saturday, couriers deliver Monday to Friday.
Deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5.30pm. A specific time slot cannot be specified with any of our delivery options.
Please be aware that during our sales or promotions, or when there are circumstances beyond our control such as when there's snow on the roads, delivery may take longer.
European Delivery is available to selected countries.
For a full list of all countries that we ship to, and for full details regarding delivery; including delivery time and costs please click here.
If you're careful about how much water you boil, you may not need one of these, but an Eco kettle makes it a lot easier to control how much water gets boiled - especially if you're not the only one who uses the kettle.